Watch All the President’s Men
Start All the President’s Men
What is News Video
-Answer questions after video
Editorials and Opinions
Woodward and Bernstein on Jon Stewart
http://youtu.be/khyWNMkik7Y Google Drive:
What did we as journalists learn from Watergate? (Give examples)
What does Bernstein mean by saying “The system worked!” Why?
Quiz – No Computers
Answer the question: Why Is This Film (ATPM) Important for Journalists? – Google Classroom
WK15 Caption Writing on GC
WK15 Critiques on GC
Editorial Assignment – Turn into Google Classroom
Write an Opinion/Editorial – 250-350 words
Make sure to back up your facts
Follow the suggested format below:
* Whom or what does the editorial discuss?
* When did/will the issue come to be?
* Where did/will the issue arise?
* Why did/will the issue occur?
* How is this editorial significant to the reader/society?
* What is the position of the opposition? (Who is the opposition?)
* What facts support their position?
* What is the writer’s (your) position?
* What facts support the writer’s (your) position?
* What valid point is conceded by the writer (you) to the opposition?
* Solutions to the problem.
* Challenge to the reader to be informed and convinced.
PRINT your editorial
Turn in again – Edited Editorials – GC